Light is superior to darkness. The light of Christ has the capacity to thrive in spite of the evil entity called “the darkness”. John 1:5 says “And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not”.
The church is the light of the world and we are equipped and mandated by Christ to shine in this dark world. The spike in the activities of the forces of darkness in our nation today and in many other parts of the world should not come as a surprise to the church and the church need not be in panic mode. A prophet foresaw it and foretold it in Isaiah 60:1-3 saying “Arise, shine, for thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee. For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the Lord shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee. And the gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising”.
While it is very important for the church to be well informed and be enlightened about the current activities of the forces of darkness in our nation, Christians must however be careful not to be assisting the devil in spreading fear and messages of terror among fellow believers of Christ.
It’s time for Christians and churches in our nation to arise and shine as lights in every sector of society instead of complaining about the seemingly growing force of darkness in our nation. Where light shines, darkness submits! Darkness can only take charge in the absence of light or where the light is dim. A shining Light is the cure for darkness. A shining light is eternally triumphant over darkness!
In order to shine and dominate the present darkness in our nation, here are some essentials for the church:
- We must intensify efforts in the spread of the Gospel of Christ by all (biblical) means. The Gospel is the carrier of the light of Christ. The Gospel is the light of Christ. The Gospel is the power of God for salvation. Where the Gospel thrives, darkness fades! Let’s stop complaining about what the devil is doing and start spreading the Gospel of Christ and making disciples. Let’s invest and continue to invest adequate resources in the gospel project. Let’s get the gospel on as many TV channels and Radio Stations as possible. Let’s invest in missions. The Gospel has no substitute. Comedy is good, but comedy cannot save souls; it is the Gospel that saves! Entertainment is good and enjoyable, but entertainment cannot save souls; it is the Gospel that saves! Let’s invest and continue to invest our time, energy and resources in the spread of the Gospel of Christ.
- We must intensify efforts in spreading Faith, Hope and Love through charity works! As much as we are enabled by the Lord, let’s demonstrate the love of God in practical terms in our communities through “good deeds” and charity works. Charity schools and hospitals are great examples of worthy kingdom projects! Charity works breaks through racial, ethnic, gender and religious barriers. This was what Jesus meant when he said in Matthew 5:16 “Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven”. The forces of darkness have been busy establishing their own evil version of charity schools across our nation to magnet souls into their evil kingdom; and the reason they are succeeding among the heathen is because the church has in some ways abdicated her leadership role in charity works in our society. It is true that several well established churches in our nation have great schools but many of them are not charity or mission based schools. Establishing schools for profiteering is not mission but business. Now let me be very clear, there is nothing wrong with churches establishing schools for profit so long as the proceeds are channeled towards advancing the Kingdom of God through Missions and charity projects. In Matthew 12:48, Jesus said “unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required”. I want to challenge every Christian and every living church in our nation, especially Christians and churches that are blessed with abundance of resources to please rethink mission strategies and investment priorities. The fact that our nation is today deeply engulfed in evil in spite of the astronomical growth of the church is a clear indication that our past and present mission strategies have not been effective in national transformation.
- Raise your voice! The voice of the church is the light of the world. When the nation is in turmoil, the masses look to the church for inspiration. Therefore the church cannot afford to be silent on national matters especially on matters that have direct consequences or impact on the body of Christ! Apostolic fathers and church leaders must put their differences aside, close ranks and speak with one voice at all times. We must resist any evil decree or antichrist legislation that may emanate from the national assembly or the government in power at all levels of government.
- Watch and Pray! Prayer is a weapon against the forces of darkness. Pure revival is birthed in the upper room. I have no problem with churches inviting comedians and entertainers to perform in certain events but we must not make the mistake of substituting prayers and worship with comedy and entertainment. It’s “revival gone wild” for any pastor or church to begin to rely on comedy or entertainment to grow the church of the living God. It’s prayer that births the kind of revival that can bring national transformation. And it’s prayer that births Christ in the hearts of men. Paul the Apostle alluded to this truth when he said in Galatians 4:19 “My little children of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you”. Prayer is the womb of revival! There cannot be pure revival if the church is only interested in entertainment and unwilling to push for revival in the labour room.
- Purge! To transform our nation, we must now purge ourselves. Corruption is an integral part of the evil entity afflicting our nation. Proverbs 13:34 reminds us that “Righteousness exalts a nation: but sin (i.e. corruption) is a reproach to any people”. The light of the church will have no meaningful impact on the nation when the church takes pride in flirting with corrupt government officials, and certain elements within the body of Christ are openly colluding with the forces of darkness. You cannot fight corruption when you are flirting with corruption. You cannot challenge or confront the forces of darkness when you are colluding with them. The church needs to regain her exalted place as a force of righteousness.
- Get involved! It’s time for Christians to occupy their place in the political space in our nation. In the past we shied away from politics because we thought it was too dirty and the wrong people took over the entire political space and ruined our nation. Christians are more in number than any other faith group or religious sect in our nation yet we have never used it to our advantage in gaining political power and shaping the policies government. So long as democracy holds in our nation the way to gain political power and influence policies of government is through the ballot box. We must all get involved in the democratic process and begin to use our numerical advantage and political capital in deciding who represents us at all levels of government. Sitting at home and complaining about the corruption in government will not change the system but elections can change the system if all Christians of voting age will register to vote and vote the right people into power. More importantly, Christians should identify a party that is favourable to our cause, faith and beliefs and register as card carrying members of the party. Registering as card carrying members of a leading party gives greater political leverage. The time to get involved is now!
I see a new wind of revival coming!
It shall be well!
You are blessed!
** Please Share!
Author: Bishop Emma Omon
Together We Can Make A Difference!
God is counting on you! Be a part of the 50 Million Souls Global Project! Your financial Support of any amount will go a long way in spreading the Gospel of Christ across the world. To GIVE ONLINE now with PayPal or Debit / Credit Card, please click on this link: http://www.emmaomon.org/give/.
To Register as a Partner, please click on this link: http://www.emmaomon.org/success-pact-partnership/.
God bless you!
Copyright © July 14, 2017 Emma Omon. All rights reserved.
Published online on Friday, July 14, 2017 by emmaomonblog.com